Course Code – KLPL01M
Duration – 2 day
This is an overview course which is designed for Ex Product Manufacturers & Equipment Designers. It covers various topics and concepts that are essential for ensuring safety in hazardous atmospheres like –
- Understanding the mechanics of an explosion
- Characteristics of explosive gases & dusts
- Commonly occurring ignition sources
- Area classification i.e. classification of hazardous areas into zones
- The principles of the protections concepts and their general requirements like –
- Temperature class,
- Equipment groups,
- Gas groups
- Equipment Protection Levels (EPLs)
- Ingress protection (IP)
- Detailed understanding of the principles behind the different Protection Concepts and the design characteristics essential for protection.
- Understand the general testing and certification requirements.
- An overview of the Indian Regulatory requirements for usage of electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
- An introduction to the International certification schemes like IECEx, ATEX, North American etc.
Target audience – Ex Product Manufacturers & Equipment Designers
Prerequisites – None